The Edison Township Fair Rental Housing Board was established under Edison Township Ordinance 17-4.9 for the purpose of assuring that rents charged to tenants are in compliance with the law. The Board also offers guidance and information to landlords regarding annual registrations and allowable rent increases. The Board has the authority to hold public hearings to address complaints from tenants. If an overcharge has occurred the Board will direct landlords to provide a refund to the affected tenant(s). These orders are enforceable in Municipal Court.
Please see the links below for required forms to be filed annually by owners of rental properties.
We encourage landlords and tenants with questions on Fair Housing Rental to contact the board through Board Secretary Pattie Leary at 732-248-7259.
- Multiple Dwelling Registration Packet
- Multiple Dwelling Registration Statement
- Multiple Dwelling Registration Application
- Decontrolled Untit Registration
The current members of the Fair Rental Housing Board are:
- Stacy Palmer, Member, 46 Dalton Place, 08817
- Esther Nemitz, Member, 162B Fay Street, 08837
- Carlos Sanchez, Member, 3 McEvoy Road, 08817
- Ajay Patel, Member, 204 Tyroler Avenue, 08817
- Donald Corrette, Member, 99 Leo Street, 08817
- Suzanne Cason Neil, Member, 135 Vineyard Road, 08817
- Jay Elliot, Member, 100 Municipal Blvd, 08817
- First Alternate Member, 10 Library Place, 08820
- Second Alternate Member, 101 Greenwood Avenue, 08817