What Commissions do:
- Environmental commissions use a wide range of information and approaches to inform the local government and residents on environmental issues, laws and programs.
- Promote regional and long-range environmental planning;
- Reach local citizens through educational programs, publications and meetings;
- Work with neighboring commissions and other organizations to address regional and state-wide environmental problems;
- Play a coordinating role among the diverse actors in environmental protection: the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), Soil Conservation Districts, local planning boards, boards of health and utilities authorities.
The Edison Environmental Commision recently became a member of ANJEC – Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions. This is a private non-profit educational organization. ANJEC's mission is to promote the public interest in natural resource protection, reclamation and sustainable development and to support environmental commissions working with community officials and concerned citizens.
- 3rd Thursday of every month
- 7 p.m.
- Thomas Edison Room
100 Municipal Blvd.
Edison, NJ 08817