The 2017-2018 Flu Season is quickly approaching and the Department of Health and Human Services would like to ensure you have the most up to date information about clinic schedules and available vaccinations. In addition to this website, updates will also be available on the Flu Information Line at 732-248-7277.
Here are a few important items to remember:
- ALL individuals over 6 months of age are STRONGLY encouraged to get the Seasonal Flu Vaccination.
- Young children, older adults and those which chronic medical conditions are at an increased risk for complications from the flu.
- Individuals over 65 years of age are encouraged to receive the High Dose Seasonal Flu Vaccination, which offers an increased level of protection from the flu. Please note, this vaccination is $50.
- Children In daycare programs are required by law to receive the flu vaccine every year by December 31.
Flu shots are available for $30 for the regular seasonal Flu vaccine,( including children)and $50 for the High Dose Seasonal Flu Vaccine (65 and older)
- We only accept Traditional Medicare Insurance
- No Medicare PPO or POS or HMO
- Receipts for self submission available upon request .
The Department of Health and Human Services wishes you and your family a healthy flu season!
2017-2018 Winter-Spring Flu Shot Clinics
William Toth Memorial Health Center 80 Idlewild Road, Edison
CHILDREN (6 MONTHS OF AGE OR OLDER)
The Edison Health Department is offering flu shots for children 6 months and older at the Dr. William Toth Memorial Health Center 80 Idlewild Road, Edison on the following evenings:
Thursday October 5, 2017 5-7 pm
Thursday November 2, 2017 5-7 pm
Thursday December 7,2017 5-7 pm
Thursday January 11,2018 5-7 pm
Thursday February 8,2018 5-7 pm
Thursday March 15, 2018 5-7 pm
Appointments for children’s Flu Vaccines are required please call 732-248-7286
ADULTS (18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER)
The Edison Health Department is offering flu shots for adults 18 years of age and older at the Dr. William Toth Memorial Health Center 80 Idlewild Road, Edison on the following days:
Beginning October 11,2017
Walk in Wednesdays – (every Wednesday from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm – no appointment necessary). We also have other days and evening time slots available by appointment. Please feel free to call with any questions, or to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.
COSTS AND INSURANCES ACCEPTED
The cost for Flu vaccine is $30 , this includes children. We also offer High dose to seniors (65and older ) for $50 Cash , credit accepted . Self submission receipts available upon request
WE ONLY ACCEPT TRADITIONAL MEDICARE INSURANCE.
Any questions please call 732-248 7286